This week there was a mining waste spill that occurred near Durango,
CO. Three million gallons of toxic waste was released into the Animas
River which directly impacts water supplies being funneled into Arizona
and Utah. Currently, the people seeing the most impact live in remote
locations on the Navajo Reservation and rely completely on well water
and water shipments from neighboring towns.
Because of this
spill, many of the well intakes have been shut off which means NO
incoming water for remote communities. In addition, neighboring
communities have less water to ship out to those in need as their
resources have been limited as well.
I'll be going back home to
New Mexico soon and I'd like to take water donations to drop off on my
way. If you'd like to drop off a case or gallon bottle of water for me
to take up on my trip, I'd appreciate it!
*ALSO* if you'd like to
toss $5 my way so that I can buy the water in NM, that works too. Any
and all donations help as this is a dire situation for people who, at
this point, have no access to clean and safe drinking water.
My Venmo is: @erynwise
*SO EVERYONE KNOWS* My donations will be taken to the Navajo Tribal
Utility Authority at Fort Defiance. I've spoken with their District
Manager to arrange drop off.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.