Oe urges protesters to continue opposition to security laws - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun: The rally was held to highlight public opposition to nuclear power generation as well as the security legislation, which was enacted on Sept. 19 and greatly expands the role of the Self-Defense Forces overseas.
Attended by about 25,000 people, the rally was organized by the Citizens’ Committee for the 10 Million People’s Petition to Say Goodbye to Nuclear Power Plants, in cooperation with citizens groups opposing the security legislation.
Aki Okuda, a 23-year-old member of Students Emergency Action for Liberal Democracy-s (SEALDs), also addressed the protesters.
“It may have meant our loss in the battle when the bills were passed in the Diet, and we should face that fact seriously,” said Okuda, who led past protests in front of the Diet building. “(The opposition) extends beyond conservatives and reformists. Now is the time for us to say we are ‘opposed to wars’ and ‘protect our Constitution.’ ”
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.