San Francisco Bay View - Stop the execution of Imam Jamil, the former H. Rap Brown, by medical neglect in federal prison: On Sept. 3, 2015, the Jericho Movement received an email from a political prisoner at U.S. Penitentiary Canaan, a high security prison in Waymart, Penn., concerning Imam Jamil. The sender said that the imam was in serious need of medical attention.
His jaw was swollen to at least twice its normal size, and he is in a lot of pain. We were told that the institution had been on lockdown for two weeks, which is why no word had gotten out earlier.
A family member was later able to speak with Imam Jamil and confirms the information. Someone from the Jericho Medical Committee will contact the prison clinical director to see what, if any, medical info can be gotten from the institution.
Please call or fax USP Canaan and ask – demand – that Imam Jamil be given immediate adequate medical attention. A more detailed statement will be forthcoming.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.