VIDEO: 14 San Francisco Police Officers Take Down One-Legged Homeless Black Man | Kulture Kritic - LaBouvier captured the incident after officers had already approached the man and picks up with officers holding him down, half-naked for at least a half an hour. To make matters worse, the street where the incident occurred was one of San Francisco’s busiest in terms of traffic. The sticks that someone reported the man had been waving around were actually his crutches. The tension between the man and officers was over the fact that he did not want to give up his crutches to the officers.
The man asked officers multiple times, “What are you doing this for? These are my crutches. I use them to walk.” Footage shows one officer stomping on his prosthetic leg. After the man was handcuffed and pinned to the ground with four people on top of him, officers stood on his leg, twisting it at one point. Officers continued to pin the man to the concrete even after it was obvious that he was unable to walk.
Several officers on the scene tried to block the public’s view of officers’ actions. The man can be heard on the video saying “they’re going to shoot me,” with a bystander reassuring him that people were filming in an effort to prevent that from happening.
The man was not arrested, but was instead strapped to a stretcher and carted off to a hospital despite there not being any apparent reason for him to need medical treatment. La Bouvier reports that the man was clearly “humiliated, crying and deeply upset.”
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.