The Islamic State group's silence on Palestine speaks volumes: [alaraby.co.uk] Despite the Palestinian uprising being the leading news story across the Arab world, this is the first time IS propagandists have mentioned Palestine in any meaningful way.
Few can expect that the opportunist tactics of the group will find any resonance with Palestinians.
The recent violence in Israel and the occupied territories has a distinctly secular edge, and includes both men and women who find IS extremist ideology abhorrent.
What makes the Islamic State group different to other Salafi groups is that rarely does its propaganda spell out a vision of liberating Jerusalem, or attempt to co-opt the Palestinian cause to mould itself as a "defender of Islam".
Instead, IS remains rooted in the idea of "existing and expanding", conquering neighbouring territories to further its own borders.
From Hamas to al-Qaeda, the concept of liberating Palestine has been vital motivation in attracting recruits, and often presented in jihadi groups' longer-term plans.
IS clerics in the group's self-declared capital Raqqa have largely been silent about the recent Palestinian uprising against Israeli forces occupying the West Bank, say activists in Raqqa, and appear to have little passion for a cause it sees as nationalist - and thus blasphemous.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.