Illinois cop, supposed victim of the “war on police,” exposed as thief and would-be killer - World Socialist Web Site: That Gliniewicz, nicknamed “GI Joe,” and hailed after his death as a fallen hero in the “war against the police” by a coterie of right-wing law and order fanatics, turned out to be a serial liar, thief, sex abuser and would-be murderer is only one element of the story and a subordinate element at that.
More generally, the incident reveals many aspects of what is truly reprehensible about official life in the US at present.
In public the American establishment is pious, law-abiding and patriotic. Butter would not melt in its collective mouth. Scratch the surface, however, and one finds greed and corruption, lying brought to almost supernatural heights and ruthless criminality.
On the morning of September 1, Gliniewicz informed a police dispatcher in Fox Lake, some 60 miles northwest of Chicago, that he was in pursuit of three males, two white and one black, acting suspiciously. Some 20 minutes later, a fellow cop found his body and reported, “We’ve got an officer down, an officer down.”
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.