Idle No More leader Erica Lee defends Paris conference picture - Saskatoon - CBC News: "When I stuck out my tongue, it was an expression of the frustration I felt at that moment," she said. "And realizing that there were so many things that I wanted to say to Brad Wall. Being an Idle No More organizer, being an indigenous organizer at home, and never before having the luxury of having a platform or having time to speak with the premier, about any of my concerns."
Ultimately, Lee would like to use the incident to speak to the Premier about environmental issues.
"Honestly, when I posted that photo, I had no idea it would be such a big attention-getter," she said. "I think I would like to use it to move forward and maybe invite Premier Wall to come to Saskatoon, come to inner-city Saskatoon, and talk to some activists who have been working in these communities for decades."
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.