The Dawn of Mexico's Dirty War: [nsarchive.gwu.edu] For many U.S. analysts, they suggested the troubling possibility that impoverished Mexicans were waking up to the oppressive bonds of a stultified one-party system that no longer offered hope for change.
In telling the tale of Lucio Caba�as's brief career as a guerrilla leader, declassified U.S. documents released under the Freedom of Information Act and held in the National Archives indicate that the United States perceived the popularity of the Guerrero rebels as a sign of the further disintegration of the legitimacy of the Mexican regime during the 1970's, following the Tlatelolco and Corpus Cristi massacres.
The documents also make clear that Echeverr�a used the hunt for the radical left to mollify a disgruntled army and bolster his standing with the right. They describe how given the choice between repression and negotiation, political stasis or change the regime predictably, inexorably chose violence to preserve the status quo.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.