uwemq - Ghostbin - Linkis.com
Email: ReclaimDenver@gmail.com Twitter: @ReclaimDenver
PRESS RELEASE #ReclaimDenver: “Cops Are Killing Us For Sport.”
Clergy and Concerned Coloradans deploy prominent banner near Denver
Broncos football stadium before kick-of of the NFL AFC Championship
Denver, CO. January 24, 2016: In a courageous display of solidarity and
in the true spirit of community,
clergy and concerned Coloradans unveiled a banner reminding game-goers
and attendant media that
“Cops Are Killing Us For Sport” ahead of the 1:05pm MST kick-off of the
National Football League (NFL)
American Football Conference (AFC) championship game, to stand against
racist policing and systemic violence.
#ReclaimDenver unveiled the banner on the north face of Highland Bridge
during the rush of pre-game tailgating
traffic as a show of resistance against systemic unrepentant oppression
of Black, Brown, Indigenous, Queer, Poor,
and other marginalized people throughout greater Denver.
Today, #ReclaimDenver did what Denver’s Mayor Michael Hancock refuses to
do: took action to protect the people
of Denver from police terror. People and vehicles came to a stop,
witnessing the demand for a stop to state
violence in Denver and beyond. Interested persons can follow updates via
Far bigger than Broncos vs. Patriots is a fight for survival:
marginalized people versus institutionalized
racism. In the shadow of Mile High Stadium are Denver communities
ravaged by rampant gentrification, families
devastated by lethal police brutality. A Sunday that should be
celebratory is instead marred by mourning.
Paul Castaway was as deeply committed a Broncos fan as there is; he
should be alive to enjoy this game.
So should Marvin Booker, Michael Lee Marshall, Alonzo Ashley, and every
person killed by Denver law enforcement,
whose murders all went unprosecuted under the administration of Mayor
When leaders refuse to lead, the people must refuse to follow. We call
upon the elected and appointed
so-called “leaders” of Denver and its environs to honor the following
1. Immediate release of Sharod Kindell from custody.
2. Immediate termination of the deputies who killed Michael Lee
3. Immediate intervention of the Department of Justice to lead a federal
investigation of the continued
racist conduct by the administration of Denver Mayor and City
Councilors, Denver Police, Denver Sheriffs,
and Denver District Attorney.
4. Immediate amnesty for all persons facing criminal charges related to
protest activity in Denver.
5. Immediate repeal of the Urban Camping Ban”, and immediate resignation
of its chief proponent: Denver
City Councilman Albus Brooks.
6. Immediate resignation of Denver Mayor Michael Hancock.
Just as Michael Lee Marshall’s murder was not isolated, similarly:
today’s action is not an isolated event.
This banner serves to put Mayor Hancock and all others who encourage
stage violence that we will not stand idly
by while our people are slaughtered with impunity. More disruptive
actions will occur as long as necessary, until
the above demands are met, and until there is a demonstrable precipitous
decrease in police violence in and near
We stand in Solidarity with Oakland. Ferguson. Cleveland. New York City.
Chicago. Palestine. Baltimore.
Minneapolis. Ayotzinapa. Ankara. We stand for Michael Lee Marshall.
We stand united, we stand to: #ReclaimDenver.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.