Save Lelu Island and Skeena salmon from LNG: - [http://savelelu.ca/] - The health and abundance of wild salmon depend on intact fresh and saltwater habitats.
The proposed Petronas Pacific NorthWest LNG development on Lelu Island, on the estuary of the Skeena River, would interfere with the delicate balance of Flora Bank and the natural processes that hold it in place. Flora Bank has been identified as critical to the health and abundance of Skeena salmon.
A study by the federal government in 1973, as well as recent science, confirms that altering or destroying these habitats will significantly damage the abundance and health of Skeena salmon.
This site was selected for industrial development without consultation with First Nations and Skeena communities.
We, the undersigned, share a deep and abiding interest in the continued health and abundance of wild Skeena salmon. Therefore, we declare the proposed Pacific NorthWest LNG project cannot proceed.
SEE: 'The Lelu Island Declaration' - PDF [http://media.wix.com/ugd/6d9c86_3cc8a16b0f884c18970adaa4a7fd7bb0.pdf]
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.