“The Revenant” Film as Reviewed By Apache Filmmaker Douglas Miles | Jerry Ashton | LinkedIn: The performers (Native and non/Native) were believable and both hauntingly familiar. Of course, Tom Hardy is the metaphor for the worst America has to offer and Leonardo’s Glass becomes the country looking for not only revenge and redirection but redemption for the sins of his own countrymen in the America WE NATIVES know. This very real subtext we tribal people have lived in now for centuries amidst cultural vultures and users.
Nevertheless, for all this I give Leonardo DiCaprio our own #WhatTribeAward for being a truly standup guy by repping and pointing out and respecting the struggle of everyday Native People during his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes.
Not since Marlon Brando spoke on behalf of Native American mistreatment at the Academy Awards (turning down his Oscar for The Godfather) has this occurred.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.