Adjunct Shaneen Fantin on the passing of Paul Pholeros - School of Architecture - The University of Queensland, Australia: UQ Architecture's Adjunct Associate Professor, Shaneen Fantin of People Orientated Design in Cairns shares her thoughts on the passing of Paul Pholeros.
"I was lucky enough to meet and work for Paul for a short time back in the 1990s – in my formative years as a graduate architect. He was a charismatic, wise, passionate and extremely generous man. For so many of my generation working in and around Indigenous Affairs and Architecture, Paul’s work is a cornerstone of common sense, human rights and respect. He would regale us with stories of his truck driving days and travels across the country and we were enraptured. He seemed invincible to me - his size, emotional strength and humility. The National Indigenous Housing Guide is one example of a seminal text that he created that is dog eared on my bookshelf. His methodology for hard work and earnest respect for all human beings is another."
Read more on ARCHITECTUREAU from Jon Clements, Phil Harris, Adrian Welke and Richard Leplastrier.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.