AMA Forum: The Health Care of Asylum Seekers and the Harms caused by Immigration Detention, especially for Children | Australian Medical Association: The current Government’s policy, supported by the Federal Opposition, poses significant risks to the health and wellbeing of asylum seekers, especially children. As an organisation representing medical practitioners, we are compelled to advocate for an urgent change in policy.
All asylum seekers and refugees, independent of their citizenship or visa status, should have universal access to basic health care. This is clearly not happening.
All children being held in immigration detention facilities should be immediately released to a safe environment. This is a matter of human decency and human rights. Regardless of the High Court decision, there is absolutely no reason why children should continue to be held in detention facilities.
Children in detention are being harmed. Detention has long-term consequences on their psychological, physical, and emotional health. This is morally and ethically unacceptable. Infants and children must be removed from immigration detention.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.