Germany: Onlookers Cheered as a Refugee Shelter Went Up in Flames - The Constantine Report: “Some people reacted to the arson with derogatory comments and undisguised joy,” local police described in a statement.
Later that morning Saxony’s prime minister, Stanislaw Tillich, condemned the crowd’s actions, calling them “criminals.”
The police said they suspected arson and were investigating right-wing extremist groups in the area who have recently become vocally anti-migrant.
Two drunken men were arrested after they refused to leave the scene.
Days before the fire, around 100 protestors in the nearby Saxon town of Clausnitz blocked refugees from leaving the bus intended to bring them to a new shelter. The refugees were forced to stay in the bus for hours until police managed to disperse the crowd.
A video of the protest shows German protestors chanting “We are the people” — the slogan of the 1989 peaceful uprising which led to the fall of the Berlin Wall — as visibly frightened migrant women and children were off-loaded into the shelter.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.