Mexico Press Freedom: Veracruz State Prosecutor Criminalizes Murdered Journalist Anabel Flores Salazar to Cover Up Forced Disappearance by Army | Mexico Voices: Aristegui Noticias: T�moris Grecko*
Part I of article
Anabel Flores Salazar, the reporter murdered between Monday and Tuesday, witnessed what appears to have been the forced disappearance of three persons by members of the Mexican Army in August 2014.
This event put the Army at clear risk and should be one of the main lines of investigation to be followed by the Attorney General of the State of Veracruz. But, as he has in each and every one of the 16 cases of journalists killed under the government of Javier Duarte, the Prosecutor opted for criminalizing her: in a press statement, he reported that he will investigate whether Flores Salazar had criminal links as a possible motive for the crime.
Starting from the fact that the reporter tried to photograph, with her cellphone, soldiers carrying off Victor Osorio Santacruz and other two men from a restaurant on August 30, 2014, the Prosecutor does not deduce reasons for believing that her murder could have been an act of retaliation or elimination of witnesses, but assumes that she had a relationship with Osorio, an alleged member of the Zetas cartel.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.