German brewer accused of making 'Nazi beer' critical of refugee policy | World news | The Guardian - Röhrl Brewery removed the variety from sale this week and apologised for “hurt feelings”, but denied having any sympathy with the far right.
Frank Sillner, the chief executive of the brewery in Straubing, said he had intended the special issue of 2,000 crates to be a commentary on the migration crisis and a reminder of Bavarian values.
The brown label on the 500ml bottles uses Gothic letters for the name “grenzzaun halbe” or “border fence half”, which appears to echo demands from local conservative politicians to seal Germany’s frontiers.
It also says “the homeland needs beer”, while the back of the label features the words “protect”, “defend” and “preserve” alongside virtues such as “diligence”, “loyalty” and “discipline”.
University groups urged people to boycott the brewery, while social media users described the variety as a “Nazi beer”.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.