Clinton, Haiti, and WikiLeaks: [haiti-liberte.com] On Mar. 14, the New York Times published a story by Yamiche Alcindor entitled “High Hopes for Hillary Clinton, Then Disappointment in Haiti.”
The article outlines the deep anger and hostility many Haitians, both in Haiti and the U.S., feel toward the former Secretary of State.
As Hillary Clinton “seeks the world’s most powerful job and Haiti plunges into another political abyss, a loud segment of Haitians and Haitian-Americans is speaking of the Clintons with the same contempt they reserve for some of their past leaders,” the article explains.
Alcindor’s article also points to Ms. Clinton’s role in bringing Martelly to power, as well as the heavily criticized role the Clintons played in Haiti’s earthquake recovery efforts, among other complaints.
Ms. Alcindor cites one of the many declassified emails off Hillary Clinton’s private server as particularly revealing.
“You do great elections,” Cheryl Mills, Hillary’s chief of staff wrote to U.S. Embassy officials on the night of the Mar. 20, 2011 run-off which brought Martelly to power. Saying she would soon take them to dinner, Mills quipped: “We can discuss how the counting is going! Just kidding. Kinda. :)”
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.