Louisiana Sheriff Indicted Over Jailhouse Chapel Beatings of Detainees - Hit & Run : Reason.com: The indictment also places Ackal and Savoy inside the chapel for the beatings of Anthony Daye — who’s involved in a pending civil lawsuit in his case — and another detainee identified as H.G., whom Ackal had ordered punished in the chapel after learning the man had written letters complaining of conditions at the jail.
Savoy also is accused of ordering a canine handler to make his dog bark to intimidate the two men...
Ackal also told then-narcotics agent Ben Lassalle — who pleaded guilty last month to his role in the beatings — to “take care” of a detainee accused of making a lewd comment, according to the indictment. In Ackal and Savoy’s presence, Lassalle and then-warden Wesley Hayes conspired to bring the man to the chapel.
Lassalle used his baton in the chapel to beat that detainee, Curtis Ozenne, and two others blamed for the comment, identified as S.S. and A.T., according to the indictment.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.