150 females raped, 31 babies abandoned in Lagos | Punch Newspapers: Akinbile-Yussuf explained that 150 reported cases of sexual and physical abuse were officially recorded, while five pregnant schoolchildren were assisted to access adequate ante-natal and delivery services and were also integrated back into school.
“Also, a total of 57,350 schoolchildren benefitted from individual and group counselling sessions to curb truancy, gangsterism and other social vices. About 150 reported cases of sexual abuse and physical abuse were treated. Five pregnant schoolchildren were assisted to access adequate antenatal and delivery services. They were also integrated back into school,” she added.
The commissioner further stated that 85 suspected rapists and paedophiles had been taken to court while the cases were still pending.
She said 31 babies, comprising 19 females and 12 males, abandoned by their parents, were rescued in the last one year on the streets of Lagos.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.