David Cameron rejects Tony Blair's call for 'proper ground war' against Isis | UK Politics | News | The Independent: David Cameron has rejected Tony Blair's call to commit ground troops to the battle against Isis.
The Prime Minister insisted the UK had the "right policy" of participating in air strikes against Isis in Iraq and Syria while offering support to fighters on the ground.
Mr Cameron acknowledged the strategy would "take time" to bear fruit and said the decision by Western nations not to send in ground troops made the fight against Isis more difficult.
However, he rejected Mr Blair's suggestion the Government had not been honest with voters about what would be needed to defeat the Islamist terror group.
In pictures: The rise of Isis
74 show all
Speaking at the G7 summit in Japan, Mr Cameron said: "I think we are being very straight about this, because we are saying this is going to take time and it is difficult for the very reason that we are not putting in Western ground troops.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.