Journalist Arrested in Connection to Ariana Raid Released - Tunisialive: Mahjoubi was arrested by anti-terrorism officers at 2am on Sunday morning, after forensic investigators operating at the house in Ariana found his fingerprints upon a sink there.
Mahjoubi had travelled to Ariana on Wednesday following a clash between security services and a group of suspected militants at a house in Mnihla. “I reached Mnihla around 12.30, with the operation already having ended at 10 O’clock that morning.” Mahjoubi told Tunisia Live, “Crime Scene Investigators had already been on site, and when I arrived there was nobody from the security services present. The house was open to both the public and journalists.
“I took several shots. However, there was a sink thrown in the middle of my view, (visible on much of the footage of the scene) so I removed it and finished my work.”
Unknown to Mahjoub, crime scene investigators later returned to the site and identified his fingerprints upon the sink, which led to his arrest three days later.
“At 2am on Sunday, I woke up during a security raid at my house. I was frightened. There were police officers, National Guards and even a military van outside.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.