UK hate crime: Warnings of rising intolerance after spike in anti-Semitic crime: [ibtimes.co.uk] It said that there has been an increase in anti-Semitic abuse on social media, with the 133 incidents a steep increase on the 89 incidents recorded during the same period last year. Much of the abuse used content "generated centrally on neo-Nazi websites."
Among the incident reported to it were 41 violent anti-Semitic assaults, and 431 incidents of abusive behaviour, including verbal abuse and anti-Semitic graffiti, hate mail and online abuse.
The most common form of abuse was verbal, with 195 cases recorded of Jews abused "while going about their daily business in public places." In most cases the victims wore "religious or traditional clothing, school uniform or jewellery bearing Jewish symbols."
The charity, which has logged anti-Semitic hate crime since 1984, also recorded 32 incidents of damage and desecration of Jewish property, 43 direct threats, and 10 cases of mass-mailed leaflets or emails.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.