World Vision: Israeli Claim That Hamas Siphoned Funds From Gazan Charity Doesn't Add Up - Israel News - Haaretz: But World Vision Germany spokeswoman Silvia Holten said in Germany on Monday that the charity's Gaza budget totaled $22.5 million in the last decade – well under the Shin Bet estimate of Halabi's alleged transfers to Hamas.
According to Holten, there is a "huge gap" in the numbers. World Vision has halted its Gaza operations while the issue is investigated.
The extent of money transferred to Hamas, in cash and checks, was detailed during Halabi's questioning by the Shin Bet, which also seized documents about the route of the money during a raid of the charity's offices in East Jerusalem.
The Shin Bet claims that part of the money reached Hamas through the fictitious employment of Hamas operatives in Gaza.
Last week a top Shin Bet source commented that the agency suspects fraud totaling tens of millions of dollars, plus the transfer of goods of equivalent value, over six years.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.