Why Are Indigenous Leaders Partnering with MRA Groups? - VICE: Rob Innes (Cree) is an assistant professor at the University of Saskatchewan. He helped edit, along with Dr. Kim Anderson, the book Indigenous Men and Masculinities. Innes says while the issue of MMIM is vital and Crey is probably working with the best intentions, gaining support from an allegedly hateful organization like CAFE may not be the best idea.
"The overwhelming majority of people who are a part of CAFE are white men. And certainly it's not 100 percent white men but a majority are."
"It is somewhat problematic considering that CAFE as an MRA group really doesn't take into consideration other more pressing factors... so they don't really think about race."
He says it's vital to speak about the socio-economical conditions and racism that exists and surrounds the issue of missing and murdered Indigenous men.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.