Palestinian girl succumbs to wounds after being shot by Israeli forces in March: BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- More than two months after being shot and critically injured by Israeli forces in an alleged car ramming attack, 16-year-old Fatima Jibrin Taqatqa succumbed to her wounds Saturday evening.
Taqatqa, from the town of Beit Fajjar in the southern occupied West Bank district of Bethlehem, drove a car into a group Israeli soldiers at a junction near the illegal Israeli settlement bloc of Gush Etzion on March 15, and Israeli soldiers immediately opened fire. No others were injured in the incident.
She was taken to Israel's Shaare Zedek hospital in Jerusalem, where she was treated for a critical head injury, and was eventually pronounced dead, Palestinian medical sources said Saturday.
Taqatqa became the 24th Palestinian to be killed by Israeli forces or settlers since the start of 2017, and the fourth to be fatally shot while allegedly committing a vehicular attack. Seven Israelis were killed by Palestinians during the same time frame.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.