The Palestinian Hunger Strike Continues as Trump Prepares for His Israel Visit: [therealnews.com] That the Israeli prison authorities allow family visits for the prisoners, including the allowance for family members to take photographs. Only two 45-minute visits are permitted per month, although family members from Gaza and parts of the West Bank have been denied permits to come to the prisons.
That the prisoners have adequate access to medical care. The Israeli Ministry of Health does not administer the health of the prisoners. That is left to the Ministry of Internal Security, which has an incentive to use medical care as part of its discipline regime against the prisoners.
That the Mandela Rules on solitary confinement be adopted, so that prisoners are not placed in solitary for more than 15 days. The Israeli prisons are not shy of saying that there are at least 63 prisoners who have been in solitary confinement for over six months.
That the Israeli government ends the policy of administrative detention, by which at least 688 prisoners have been held indefinitely without any charge or judicial oversight.
Links to this posting:
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.