Native American Man Dead After Being Run Over By Driver | Teen Vogue: On May 27, 20-year-old Jimmy Kramer and his friend Harvey Anderson, 19, were run down by unknown assailants at a camp site in Washington State, an incident that left Jimmy dead and Harvey hospitalized. Both young men were members of the Quinault Indian Nation — and leaders of the tribe are concerned the act was racially motivated.
The Seattle Times reported that Jimmy, a father of twin toddlers, and friends were camping at the Humptulips River when a man identified by witnesses as white and driving a white Chevy truck, began harassing the young men and was "spinning doughnuts and driving aggressively" at about 1:30 a.m., according to Lieutenant Brad Johansson of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.
Arrest made in deadly hit & run at Grays Harbor Co. campground | KOMO - The Grays Harbor Sheriff's said the arrest came after a tip from a Hoquiam police officer who knew the suspect.
The suspect is accused of running over two people with a pickup truck at the campground in the Humptulips area early Saturday morning.
20-year-old Jimmy Smith-Kramer of Taholah died of his injuries. Another 19-year-old Aberdeen man also had critical injuries.
The sheriff's office said the suspect's white 4x4 truck has also been located and seized as evidence.
Investigators said it all started about 1:30 a.m. Saturday. Campers were upset because a pickup truck was doing doughnuts on a gravel bar in the campground.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.