Palestinian artists ask Thom Yorke of Radiohead, "Can you hear us?" | BDS Movement: Our call to boycott came in response to decades of Israel's human rights violations, its apartheid policies, ongoing ethnic cleansing, home demolitions, the denial of refugee rights, the 10-year siege of Gaza and the illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank. Israel’s regime subjects us to fragmentation, to occupation, and settler-colonialism.
As Palestinian artists our freedoms of assembly and of expression, as well as our other human rights, are severely limited by Israel’s regime. We are forced to wait for hours at one of the many military checkpoints dissecting the occupied West Bank, unable to travel to rehearsals and performances, let alone international engagements. In Gaza, we are held under a decade-long siege, a blockade designed to keep us “on a diet”.
Generations of Palestinian families remain refugees from the Nakba, “catastrophe”, when in 1948, through a planned campaign of ethnic cleansing, Palestinians were removed from Palestine. Which brings us to the concert you have scheduled on the ruins of a Palestinian village, Jarisha. Most Palestinians could not attend your show of course, trapped within the brutal machine of Israel’s occupation, and living in refugee camps outside of historic Palestine, still denied entry to their homeland through Israel’s racist laws, which prevent us from exercising our fundamental right to return.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.