Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Leap to Bottom

Yingiya Guyula Mla

8.2.19

"Yesterday I approached the Speaker with Terry Mills and Robyn Lambley to create Opposition . We remain Independents but have made an Alliance to work together. This is like separate clans working together. Yolngu law is similar. Clans will come together to create change, fix problems - like Garma or Ngarra ceremonies. Like this, I may not agree with Robyn and Terry on all things - they will represent their people and I will represent mine. But we have shared areas and can work co operatively together. They have agreed to support my platform on Treaty, Yolngu Law and Governance, Homeland development and working with leaders and elders who hold the authority for our land. With Government choosing to block me at every turn I have come across a brick wall. And I will try to go round it or break it down.
I am happy to work with All members of Parliament for this purpose. I am not here to play games - our peoples problems are serious issues - with every step people we are in crisis and dying: suicide, mental health, dialysis - young people are lost and confused. There are many leaders fighting for our children and their future.
I have not been respected by this Government. They make a good show of pretending to listen but they have cut me out of any real consultation or conversation. I’m sick and tired of people answering my questions by going round and round. Nothing direct. I’m sick and tired of being offered briefings. I should provide briefings because I have been elected by the people to be their voice - we brief the Government. The Government does not want to listen and we must find a way. And now Ken Vowles and Scott McConnell are saying this too. I have been saying it for 2 and half years.
I remain the voice of my Electorate and I am fighting for our rights. I’m getting frustrated but I’m getting stronger and stronger and I’ll keep fighting."


Read the full article … 

Dispatch: Aboriginal Press Media Group  |   Permalink  |   [8.2.19]  |   0 comments

2395655140650393078

»  {Newer-Posts} {Older-Posts}  «

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 / 8.2.19 / 2019/02/#2395655140650393078




Aboriginal News Group

Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates




This is an Ad-Free Newswire


#ReportHate
============
Southern Poverty Law Center


This site uses the Blogspot Platform



Impressum

Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.