Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Leap to Bottom

Woman Flies Confederate Flag Because It's Her 'Heritage' - BV Black Spin

8.11.13

Woman Flies Confederate Flag Because It's Her 'Heritage' - BV Black Spin: "That flag means a lot more to me than anything I can describe to you," Caddell said. "It's my heritage and it's my right. I'm not trying to slam anybody, and I wish I wouldn't be slammed either. Yes, I could take it down, but what message does that send?" she asked. "If you don't stand for something, you'll never be anything."
Violet Saylor, a 74-year-old retired social worker who lives about three blocks away, said the flag brings back to her memories of Jim Crow in the neighborhood she has lived all her life, according to an Associated Press report:

"She shouldn't fly that flag because it represents slavery and the Ku Klux Klan that used to ride through the town, and we used to have to turn our lights off and hide behind the shades," said Saylor.
If Caddell can't understand that, and how flying a flag in the face of that is insensitive, a march is not going to change her mind.

I think their best bet is to just stay away from her. My guess is she's not the kind of neighbor you want to shoot the breeze with. I am guessing she is the kind of neighbor that spends an inordinate amount of time picking her nose, putting coals in her potbelly stove and lamenting the loss of Bob Barker as the host of the Price is Right.


Read the full article … 

Dispatch: Aboriginal Press Media Group  |   Permalink  |   [8.11.13]  |   0 comments

3619632739198561531

»  {Newer-Posts} {Older-Posts}  «

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 / 8.11.13 / 2013/11/#3619632739198561531




Aboriginal News Group

Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates




This is an Ad-Free Newswire


#ReportHate
============
Southern Poverty Law Center


This site uses the Blogspot Platform



Impressum

Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.