Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Leap to Bottom

Photojournalist Scott Olson Talks About Being Detained in Ferguson for Turning on His Camera - Esquire

20.9.14

Photojournalist Scott Olson Talks About Being Detained in Ferguson for Turning on His Camera - Esquire: Basically, I was standing on a sidewalk and the state trooper came up. He asked me if I was a member of the media. He told me I would have to be across the street to be in that media pen. He said, “The media is supposed to be over there in the media pen” and I needed to shoot outside of it. I said, “This is a violation of my First Amendment rights. I’m gonna roll video.” Right away, they say, “Failure to comply. Arrest him.” Then officers threw me in a paddy wagon. It happened the instant I challenged it.


Read the full article … 

Dispatch: Aboriginal Press Media Group  |   Permalink  |   [20.9.14]  |   0 comments

1563988050107953505

»  {Newer-Posts} {Older-Posts}  «

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 / 20.9.14 / 2014/09/#1563988050107953505




Aboriginal News Group

Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates




This is an Ad-Free Newswire


#ReportHate
============
Southern Poverty Law Center


This site uses the Blogspot Platform



Impressum

Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.