Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Leap to Bottom

Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media

31.8.15

Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media: In my last album, Running for the Drum, [I had a song] called “No No Keshagesh,” which means “greedy guts.” It’s the name of a puppy we used to have who ate all his food and then wanted to eat everyone else’s food too. The song focuses on the issue of environmental greed from all points of view and is about contemporary issues from a Native perspective. So it does come naturally to me. I’m lucky enough to retain a kind of kindergarten sense of play when it comes to music and the arts. I learned early that in music you can say things you want to and that there are a lot of things you can do in music. I never had the misfortune of going to music school and being told, “No, you can’t do that.” In fact, I’m dyslexic in music and cannot read music on the page. It would be like writing with my left hand. I mean, I can write for an orchestra, but I can’t read it back the next day. So I do it by ear, like many other musicians.


Read the full article … 

Dispatch: Aboriginal Press Media Group  |   Permalink  |   [31.8.15]  |   0 comments

3579917967641774194

»  {Newer-Posts} {Older-Posts}  «

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 / 31.8.15 / 2015/08/#3579917967641774194




Aboriginal News Group

Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates




This is an Ad-Free Newswire


#ReportHate
============
Southern Poverty Law Center


This site uses the Blogspot Platform



Impressum

Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.