Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Leap to Bottom

Michael Brull // BEHIND BARS PART 2: Australia’s Shocking Cruelty To Aboriginal People With Disabilities; In Their Own Words - New Matilda

19.2.18

BEHIND BARS PART 2: Australia’s Shocking Cruelty To Aboriginal People With Disabilities; In Their Own Words - New Matilda: Sexual abuse

“I was going in to take a shower, and I saw three male prisoners. I sensed trouble and I started backing out. But one of them ran towards me…. The other two held me down and they made me kiss his penis. I tried to run away. [Tried] to get help and shout out to the prison guards. But they were too far. I could not do anything because I would be labeled a ‘dog’ [traitor].

When I finally managed to find someone to tell and the guards found out, they put me in the punishment unit. I was told it was for my safety. And there was nowhere else they could put me. And then the guards on call taunted me…. All night I could not sleep…. I could just hear the guards giggling outside. I had to wait for a couple of days before I was transferred to another prison. I am suffering from depression…. I get no support.”

— Man with cognitive disability


Read the full article … 

Dispatch: Aboriginal Press Media Group  |   Permalink  |   [19.2.18]  |   0 comments

815467246101316886

»  {Newer-Posts} {Older-Posts}  «

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 / 19.2.18 / 2018/02/#815467246101316886




Aboriginal News Group

Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates




This is an Ad-Free Newswire


#ReportHate
============
Southern Poverty Law Center


This site uses the Blogspot Platform



Impressum

Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.