Ahmed Mohamed: Richard Dawkins criticises 14 year old for 'pretending to invent' clock - People - News - The Independent
In a series of posts on Twitter, Professor Dawkins suggested
14-year-old Ahmed might have "wanted to be arrested", and criticised the
boy for claiming the clock was his "invention".
He said Ahmed appeared to have bought a clock and taken it out of its
case to impress his teachers, adding: "Police played into his hands?
Now invited to White House, crowdfunded, etc."
Assembling— Richard Dawkins (@RichardDawkins) September 20, 2015
clock from bought components is fine. Taking clock out of its case to
make it look as if he built it is not fine. Which is true?
Yes,— Richard Dawkins (@RichardDawkins) September 20, 2015
there are other reasons why a boy might take a clock out of its casing
& pretend he'd made it. Trying to impress teachers, for instance
Ahmed, from Irving, Texas, made the clock - a circuit board and powerIf the reassembled components did something more than the original clock, that’s creative. If not, it looks like hoax http://t.co/bBcaWoJpbd— Richard Dawkins (@RichardDawkins) September 20, 2015
supply wired to a digital display stuffed inside a hologram case – and brought it into school to show his teacher who thought it looked like a bomb.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.