Louisiana detective refusing to resign after photo of him at KKK rally last year surfaces: [m.dailykos.com] Marcantel said he did a “thorough background” check prior to hiring Mott, checking with three other police agencies where Mott apparently worked. Those agencies weren’t publicly identified by the chief who said Mott’s “credentials showed no questionable history.”
“Everything was clear with his background check,” the chief told the newspaper. “I did everything I was supposed to do then, and now I’m just trying to do my job and keep the peace.
This isn't surprising to anyone following the #blacklivesmatter movement. There are racists and Klansmen in our law enforcement agencies throughout the country. But there are serious consequences to having virulent hate-mongers in positions of authority and, according to those consequences will now be investigated:
The detective has made more recent arrests than any other officer with the tiny Lake Arthur Police Department, and now those cases are under review for possible bias, given Mott’s involvement with the KKK, officials say.
Michael Cassidy, the district attorney for the 31st Judicial District Court, said arrests made by Mott leading the prosecutions will be reviewed.
“Certainly I am concerned because I recognize that all law enforcement officers should be objective and unbiased in order to do their jobs fairly and consistently,” Cassidy told the newspaper.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.