PressTV-Brutal attack on hijab-wearing girl: Video: [presstv.ir] The attack on the 16-year-old girl wearing Islamic hijab took place in east London’s Plaistow, Newham Street on November 13, 2012. Ayoade was arrested by the police after the CCTV footage of the shocking attack was released.
In February 2013, Ayoade was sentenced to four years in jail after pleading guilty to the attack on Tasneem and another similar attack.
The footage shows the 34-year-old attacker following Tasneem for around 800 meters before he knocks her to the ground and flees the scene, the Daily Mail reported on Monday.
The assault is just one example of Islamophobic attacks in London that -- according to police figures -- have risen sharply since a year ago. Women wearing hijab are the main target of such attacks. Over the last 12 months, 816 attacks were reported on Muslims, almost twice as the figure for the year before.
The actual number of attacks is thought to be much higher as many victims are too scared to report the incidents.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.