Another Saskatoon woman says she was sterilized against her will - Saskatoon - CBC News: Popp remembers being admitted to the hospital when she was six months into her pregnancy, suffering from gestational diabetes and cramping. There, a nurse asked her what birth control she'd been taking, and why she hadn't used condoms.
"I felt very harassed," Popp, who went on to file a formal complaint, said.
Two months later, she suffered a placental abruption and agreed to have a caesarian section.
"The doctors said, 'You don't want to be in this situation again,'" she said. They advised her to sign consent forms for a tubal ligation following the C-section.
"I feel very targeted. It was under duress. I was so hormonal at that time," Popp said. "They said it would be reversible, with no side effects."
Popp said she has never had any issues or history of taking alcohol or recreational drugs. She hopes by sharing her story, other women will come forward and begin to heal.
"As a mother I cannot tell you what this has done to my inner core," Popp added.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.