Missing Native American Woman Murdered and SCALPED in Kentucky : Political Blind Spot: Forensic analysis shows that this was a recent murder, not something from generations past. The woman was tall, and Native American. Apart from that, she had no identification on her, and the investigative trail has run cold.
“She’s someone’s daughter, mother, sister, auntie,” Thomas Pearce emphasized. Pearce is the co-chair of the American Indian Movement of Indiana and Kentucky, and is of Ojibway ancestry.
“It was a hate crime,” said Guy Jones of Dayton, Ohio. Jones is Hunkpapa Lakota and the co-founder of the Miami Valley Council for Native Americans, in Dayton, Ohio.
“The person who did it is still out there,” Jones emphasized. He is urging the public to get involved and spread the word to help “shake loose” information that can be used to help the police finally solve this case.
“When we read about the case in a local newspaper in 2011,” Pearce recalls, “we were shocked. What happened to her was ferocious and gruesome. We were also surprised by where she was found—a place where few Native people live. We wondered if she died elsewhere and was taken there.”
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.