The worst jail in America - Business Insider: On December 2, 2013, jail supervisors tried to give Martin an orange jumpsuit to change into before they moved him to a new cell, according to an affidavit filed in the criminal case against Sanchez. Martin refused to hand over the clothes he had been wearing, and stuck his hand out of his cell to prevent officers from locking him in.
From there things got violent. Sanchez subdued Martin with the help of other officers, pushing his face onto the jail floor outside the cell and jerking his arms up over his head, according to the affidavit. In the process, Sanchez and other officers allegedly delivered numerous blows to Martin and dislocated his right shoulder, causing massive internal bleeding and hemorrhaging. Martin had a punctured lung and broke several ribs. He bled to death early the next day.
Martin's death doesn't appear to be an isolated incident. The Oklahoma County Jail has long been plagued by violence between fellow inmates and abuse by officers on inmates.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.