Thousands of black Aboriginal people protest Invasion Day and call for self-determination in Australia: -- [uhurunews.com] -- Britain was forced to look for new lands to colonize as it needed a means to unleash its exploding population to help forward its imperial efforts.
One means in which it would do this, is by establishing a penal colony in which Britain would criminalize its unwanted population and send them to work as laborers.
Despite owing its founding as a penal colony, white settlers celebrate this day because it marks the moment they were freed from the poverty and disease they faced in Europe, through the genocide and colonialism of the black Aboriginal people.
In contrast, the black Aboriginal people rightfully term the day Invasion Day, which would begin the genocide, rape, and occupation of their lands.
In Australia’s largest city, Sydney, thousands protested with speeches and chants denouncing the celebration of aboriginal occupation and also highlighting the oppression still experienced by the black Aboriginal population.
Protesters gathered to listen to speeches that detailed the mass killings, the forced labor and the forcible removal of black Aboriginal children to be “civilized” by white families and missionaries.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.