Can Ladli Beti scheme contain female foeticeide? - Rising Kashmir: One of the most heinous ways of discrimination against women in a society is through female Foeticide. Advances in Science and Technology is responsible for the statistic of women’s oppression. Prenatal sex determination followed by selective female foetus abortion is perfect example for the same.
There are technologies that prevent the birth of girl child and promote the birth of boy child. Scan centers disclose the sex of the foetus that is against the law. Sons are preferred over daughters for various social, economic and religious reasons, which include economic liability, lack of safety, fear of family honour, old age security, dowry, prestige and power, property inheritance, financial support, birth and death rituals and beliefs about religious duties.
In our civilised society we talk about equality in all spheres, then why the girl has no right to take birth? There is a need to realise the right of a girl child and to what extent they are being implemented.
There is a requirement of strong ethical code of conduct among the medical professionals, and an urgent need to address the fundamental problem of changing the mindset of the people only then will the regulation of technologies work.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.