Labour councillor resigns over claims she called Hitler 'the greatest man in history' | The Star, Kenya: A Labour councillor resigned this morning over claims she posted a series of shockingly offensive anti-Semitic tweets.
Among the most offensive remarks on Aysegul Gurbuz's Twitter profile was a claim that Hitler was the "greatest man in history".
The discovery of the Luton councillor's vile comments - revealed by the Mail on Sunday - was the latest in a series of anti-Semitic scandals to hit the Labour party.
She was suspended by the party at the weekend but this morning she quit as councillor. She said her offensive tweets were made when she was "just 16 or 17" and were "ill judged and offensive".
She also said "multiple people" had access to her Twitter account.
The 20-year-old student is also alleged to have said she hoped Iran would use a nuclear weapon to "wipe Israel off the map".
One tweet, written in January 2013, said: "The Jews are so powerful in the US it’s disgusting."
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.