.:Middle East Online:::.: The eight -- six men and two women -- have been held at an office of the National Intelligence and Security Service (NISS) in the capital since May 22.
They include six staffers and a volunteer with TRACKS, a group providing training in human rights, and an official from Al-Zarqa, an organisation involved in human development.
Five of the six men are being held with 21 other detainees in one cell at the NISS prosecutor's office, while the sixth is being kept in a separate room because of health problems, Amnesty said.
The two women are "kept under guard in the reception area of the prosecutor's office during the day and sleep in one of the offices in the premises at night," it said.
"The eight have not been informed of the reasons for their arrest and have yet to be charged," the rights group said.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.