Fascist imperative behind relentless terror | CounterVortex: But despite the mutual antipathy between xenophobes and jihadists, there are points of intersect between them. We have seen instances of a convergence of Islamism and radical-right ideology—even moves towards a formal alliance between jihadis and neo-Nazis. In any event, an extreme anti-Muslim backlash is exactly what the jihadists wish to provoke in their attacks in Europe—just as they seek to polarize the Sunni-Shi'ite divide in their attacks in the Greater Middle East. So even when jihadism and fascism oppose each other, they are still in a sense working together. They see common enemies in democracy, secularism, multi-culturalism and an open society.
This is the same ultimately pointless argument we saw after the Nice attack earlier this month in France—and many times before. If the attacker is a Muslim, the left rushes to portray him as apolitical and "mentally ill." If the attacker is a Christian or xenophobe, the right rushes to portray him as apolitical and "mentally ill." They are both missing the point.
There is common political context to all these attacks—whether it is this massacre of "useless eaters" in Japan of that of sex deviants in Orlando or that of decadent youth in Munich or Paris or Brussels. The Islamophobe right and the Islamist right are equally manifestations of the global reaction.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.