Germany government leak says Turkey 'supports militant and Islamist groups' in Middle East: [ibtimes.co.uk: ] "Especially since the year 2011, as a result of its incrementally Islamised internal and foreign policy, Turkey has become a central platform for action for Islamist groups in the Middle East," the German officials observed in their analysis, according to German state broadcaster ARD.
The leaked document concluded Erdogan supported Hamas, which is the elected governing party in the Gaza Strip, although Erdogan once told a US TV interview that he did not consider the group a terror organisation.
Erdogan has opposed the Muslim Brotherhood in the past, though he has since also criticised current Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, who overthrew Morsi in a 2013 coup.
Relations between Turkey and Germany have been strained over visa liberalisation for Turkish citizens in the Schengen area and Ankara is facing considerable criticism for a clampdown on the judiciary, police and media after the failed coup in July.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.