NZ Rally against American $3.8bil pipeline | Māori Television - Racial Equity Aotearoa want political parties, the government and the US consulate and embassy along with Iwi, urban Māori groups, Māori organisations and the Kīngitanga to issue proclamations of support to issue public proclamations of support.
Racial Equity Aotearoa’s Ricardo Menendez March says, "It's about getting the leaders of Aotearoa on board and seeing the on-going colonialism in the US, but it's also about acknowledging people in Aotearoa that there is also an on-going struggle against colonial institutions here."
In America the pipeline itself would be 12,00 miles long and would carry 500,000 gallons of oil per day between North Dakota and Illinois.
The developments were supposed to begin three weeks ago, but work was stopped by more than 2500 peaceful protesters occupying the work site.
Menendez March says, "This is an ongoing kōrero and this is not the end of it, we will hold other actions if necessary."
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.