Stolen Generations continue – cut ties with Governments – to sanction them | The Stringer: The latest mantra with the current Stolen Generations is no different to the Stolen Generations that were attributed to have effectively ended in 1969, that children removed from their families should not be returned and that they are better off in permanent placement.
The Purfleet Mission was a place where people’s lives were monitored – you could not leave the mission to go into town or to the beach without the manager’s permission. It was apartheid but in that corral Bill had the love of his family to navigate him through an unfair and cruel world.
The trauma of being separated from your family never leaves you. Bill Simon, “I cried my heart out, you know, it made me that angry because no one was there to help me. I was only thinking about me and my three little brothers all crying out for Mum and Dad. And see, that was the last time I ever, ever seen Dad. We never seen Dad again, he died.”
Bill’s time in ‘welfare’ was one of torment – a sameness that we have heard in every testimony, from all those who were removed and a sameness many of us continue to hear today of children removed.
“If you’d done anything wrong, one of the worst, main offences was to speak back to the White staff.”
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.