Registration: Applying Indigenuity: Native Communities Adapting to Weather Extremes and Climate Variability
Wed, Jan 18, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM CST
Show in My Time Zone
Applying Indigenuity: Native Communities Adapting to Weather Extremes and Climate Variability After registration space is limited to 100 attendees and is filled on a first login, fist seated basis the day of the webinar.
Today's Speakers and Topics:
Tom Goldtooth, Executive Director of the Indigenous Environmental Network, "From NoDAPL to the MniWiconi Winter Camp
LaDonna Tamakawastewin Allard, Sacred Stone Camp Founder-NoDAPL, "Camp of the Sacred Stone: Protecting the Waters"
Scott Moore y Medina, Principal Architect & Community Builder, Blue Star Integrative Studio, "Designing the Mni Wiconi Water is Life Eco-Village"
Beginning in the Fall of 2016, the Indigenous Peoples Climate Change Working Group (IPCCWG) is producing a series of 18 monthly training webinars exploring the application of place-based indigenous insights, knowledge, perspectives and practices (“indigenuity’) to climate mitigation and adaptation with a focus on water, coasts, shorelines and oceans.
The IPCCWG aims to disseminate a community-accessible awareness of what is known about climate change from an indigenous perspective, to present the relevant options and resources available and necessary for mitigation and adaptation in Native communities, and to provide examples of indigenous pathways to community preparedness, resilience and adaptation planning.
Funded by The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
For more information please visit the Facebook page: https://goo.gl/wPZI8x
Links to this posting:
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.