German Court Sentenced Kurdish Activist Ahmed Celik to 3 Years - nsnbc international | nsnbc international: Celik has already spent 1,5 years behind bars. Celik had been charged with being an executive member of Turkey’s Kurdistan Worker’s party (PKK) in Germany. Celik, for his part, maintained that he has struggled for the democratic and cultural rights of the Kurdish people in Germany since 1986.
He has worked for various Kurdish institutions and served as the President of Federation of Kurdish Associations in Germany (YEK-KOM) between 2008 and 2011.
Turkey, the United States and the European Union have designated the PKK as a terrorist organization. Neither Russia, China, nor Switzerland designate the PKK as a terrorist organization. The PKK launched its armed insurgency against the Turkish State in 1984, during the cold war. The PKK has since then received more than merely “sympathies” from Moscow and Tehran.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.