Students For Palestine — Signed by: Dear NUS executive members,
Huge numbers of students in colleges and universities across the UK support the Palestinian struggle for freedom, justice and equality and stand in solidarity with Palestinian students against Israel’s racist system of apartheid and settler colonialism.
More than 30 university student unions and the National Union of Students (NUS) have voted to support Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) as a means to pressure Israel to end its oppression of Palestinian people.
A number of NUS officers are acting in contravention of their democratic mandate by organising against solidarity with Palestinians. Instead, they are working towards the dehumanising of Palestinians and the silencing of Palestinian narratives on UK campuses. Much of this appears to be taking place in collaboration with the Israeli state, its institutions and its supporters.
It recently emerged that Richard Brooks, the NUS Vice President for Union Development, worked with figures linked to the Israeli embassy to undermine and oppose NUS President Malia Bouattia, an outspoken supporter of Palestinian rights. It is utterly shameful that Brooks would act to shield Israel from being held to account and to undermine an elected NUS official in this way.
Links to this posting:
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.